Billy Graham in Focus
For the next two weeks we’ll be focusing on Billy Graham. The renowned evangelist is the first person in Focus on New Faith Network. And for good reason. No one preached live in front of as many people as Billy Graham. With his Crusades he travelled all over the world inspiring more than 210 million people! His speeches were riveting. To kick off Billy Graham in Focus we’ve collected 10 of his quotes to use as inspiration or to reflect on.
1. My home is in heaven. I’m just passing through this world.
2. I want you to know tonight one thing: God loves you. No matter how you’ve lived and no matter what the color of your skin; no matter what your racial background, no matter what language you speak – God loves you!
3. Once you’ve been to the Cross you will never be the same.
4. Life is just a schoolroom with a glorious opportunity to prepare us for eternity.
5. God is saying from the cross, ‘I love you! I love you! I love you!’
6. Grief turns us inward, but compassion turns us outward, and that’s what we need when grief threatens to crush us.
7. You cannot build a superstructure on a cracked foundation.
8. God’s love is unchangeable; He knows exactly what we are and loves us anyway.
9. The resurrection of Christ changed the midnight of bereavement into a sunrise of reunion; it changed the midnight of disappointment into a sunrise of joy; it changed the midnight of fear to a sunrise of peace.
10. Gardens don’t grow by themselves; they need to be tended and cultivated and weeded. The same is true of a marriage.
All quotes come from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. Stills from The Message lives on, Canvas Cathedral, The Cross, and Billy Graham: A Life Remembered. Soon available on New Faith Network. You’ll find them here.